Oracle DBAs, your sphere of activity is rapidly changing. Your combined job roles would now be directed towards meeting the growing demands of big data via company databases.
The newest challenges include:
- Expanding data volumes
- New data formats
- The Cloud
- Changes in security requirements
- Demand for quick actions
- Processing real-time data
- Rise of automation
A little in detail…
62% of respondents opine that their data volumes are growing by more than 10% each year. This is huge and would definitely lead to bigger database environments. DBAs are expected to come up with ways to accommodate these business needs.
And then, the Cloud continues to thicken, asking for more security. New log files must be created using old resources to meet requirements and avoid issues. Also, in the quest for quick solutions, processing real-time information via automation has become imperative.
Respondents want change requests to be approved and databases configured as per purpose at blazing speed. Consistency has to be there, but not at the cost of currency. DBAs, take this as an opportunity for career growth. Are you all set to face the new demands?
Skills you need to hone:
- A technical know-how based on a strong foundation.
- Thorough knowledge of database structure, installation, and configuration.
- Attention to detail and competence to work in cross-team cultures.
- Administering company databases – making changes, updates, and modifications.
It’s about time you prepared yourself. Enrol yourself in an Oracle DBA training program today.